The Research Loop went live on June 26, 2017! In the past month, we’ve been busy getting started transforming the research process by including the patient and caregiver voice.
Here are a few things we’ve been up to:
- Engaging on Twitter! We have hundreds of follower’s already and are engaging with more every day. We’d love to engage with you! Follow us and ping us if you think we should know about something!
We love sharing information about:
- Initiatives to include patients and caregivers in research
- Articles on patient and caregiver involvement in research
- Organizations supporting patients and caregivers in research
- Interesting thoughts from patients and caregivers about their experiences
- Tweetchats! Not only are we following and sharing, our founder co-hosted a tweetchat with Liam Farrell on #IrishMed last month. Look out for a post on this coming up explaining tweetchats and a recap of this one!
- Educational Resources! We’ve added new educational resources to empower patients and caregivers as they become involved in research. You can find all our resources here.
- White Paper! We have a great white paper explaining all the issues The Research Loop addresses in involving patients and caregivers in research. We posted it here but we also made it easier for you to jump to sections and read them on our site. We hope you’ll take some time to look around and let us know what you think!
We Need Your Research Feedback!
We love engaging and providing resources, but our main focus is empowering patients and caregivers to give feedback to researchers. We think that patients and caregivers have a lot to offer to help impact research, including their thoughts on research papers they’ve read.
Comments on research priorities, study design, or simply how research has impacted patients and caregivers individuals can improve research. But we need you to offer your feedback through our site to make it happen. So if you’ve read a research paper, register with us and you can access our Offering Feedback to Researchers page to submit your feedback! Let your voice be heard!
More to Come!
We have much more in the works at The Research Loop including new resources, email updates, blog posts! If you haven’t already registered, make sure to sign up on our registration page and stay in the loop!
We’re excited to keep growing. Hope you’ll join us!